Riverest is hiring full-time and part-time employees!
About the job
52 Wharf Street, L’Orignal, Ontario
As soon as possible
$15.85/hour + tips
Thursday through Sunday (days, evenings and weekends) and some holidays
50 guests inside; 40 guests outside
Prep cooks play an integral role in translating our vision through our food, guided by the executive chef and sous chef. The prep cook will have the opportunity to hone their craft, while working with local products in a professional and respectful environment. What’s more, the prep cook is one of the “moving parts” facilitating a pleasant and seamless experience for fellow teammates, and for guests.
- Follows work plans and prep lists created by Chefs.
- Receives kitchen orders.
- Sorts, processes and stores/labels all ingredients accordingly, so they are organized and easily accessible.
- Executes recipes, including measuring ingredients accurately.
- Processes ingredients by washing/cutting vegetables, cutting meat, etc.
- Undertakes basic cooking duties such as reducing sauces, parboiling food, etc.
- Prepares simple dishes (garde-manger).
- Maintains a clean and orderly kitchen by washing dishes, sanitizing surfaces, taking out trash, etc.
- Performs other kitchen duties as assigned.
- Learns about the cooking methods and techniques employed in the kitchen.
- Bilingual in English or French, an asset
- Proven experience as a prep cook in a fast-paced environment
- Working knowledge of health and safety protocols in the kitchen
- Ability to communicate clearly with managers, kitchen and dining room employees, and guests
- Ability to bend, stand, and stoop for long periods of time, and working long hours in hot conditions
- Ability to lift at least 50lbs
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Interest in working with local/seasonal food
CULTURE AND VISION OF RIVEREST
Riverest is located on the waterfront in the picturesque village of L’Orignal, Ontario, halfway between Montreal and Ottawa. Riverest is housed in a newly restored Regency-style home, originally built in 1833, overlooking the L’Orignal Marina. The restaurant features a main dining room, a private dining room, a patio and a bar/coffee shop. In addition, Riverest caters to the various needs of the marina by offering a takeout and drinks service. The atmosphere is warm and welcoming, and guests can expect a more refined, yet approachable menu that pays homage to the history of the building and the land, using local producers and seasonal ingredients.
At Riverest, we believe strongly in a fair, safe and inclusive working environment. We encourage applications from people of all walks of life who share a passion for the type community we are aiming to create, and the standard of service we are aiming to deliver. Though it should go without saying, Riverest welcomes applications from BIPOC and LGBTQ2I+ persons.
We believe in transparency and teamwork. All members of the team contribute in an essential way to the success of the business. This is the guiding principle behind our salaries and the equitable distribution of tips. We strive to create an environment where employees have the opportunity to grow professionally.