52 Wharf Street, L’Orignal, Ontario
Full time, permanent
As soon as possible
$60,000 to $75,000 (depending on experience)
Thursday through Sunday (days, evenings and weekends) and some holidays
50 guests inside; 40 guests outside
The general manager leads all aspects of the restaurant’s operations. They should be a strong leader, have high work ethics, be very rigorous, self-motivated and passionate about continuous improvement. As the role model for all staff, they ensure excellent guest experience, and generate an energetic, motivated and service-oriented staff culture. This hands-on position requires the general manager to balance his/her work schedule between office work and actively working on the floor with staff and guests during the busiest hours of operation.
- Recruiting, orienteering and training of new employees.
- Coaching, motivating, scheduling and providing feedback and ongoing training of all employees.
- Fostering a motivated, service-oriented staff culture and positive workplace environment
- Budgeting and forecasting weekly, monthly and yearly sales; reporting daily sales and location performance; and working with ownership to set and achieve labour targets and other performance goals.
- Overseeing all front of house and back of house operations (in close cooperation with the head chef); ensuring a very high standard of organization, cleanliness and execution.
- Pitching in whenever required and supporting the development and growth of the business.
- Being actively present of the floor during the busiest hours of operation.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a restaurant management role
- Experience in a high-volume environment
- Proficient computer skills (POS, Microsoft Office, etc.)
- Solid understanding of budget, sales, cost of goods and labour control
- Proven success with people development, promotion from within and promoting a positive working culture
- Proven success with creating training packages including steps of service for all FOH staff
- Excellent management, communication and leadership skills
- Problem solving skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays
- Strong worth ethic
CULTURE AND VISION OF RIVEREST
Riverest is located on the waterfront in the picturesque village of L’Orignal, Ontario, halfway between Montreal and Ottawa. Riverest is housed in a newly restored Regency-style home, originally built in 1833, overlooking the L’Orignal Marina. The restaurant features a main dining room, a private dining room, a patio and a bar/coffee shop. In addition, Riverest caters to the various needs of the marina by offering a takeout and drinks service. The atmosphere is warm and welcoming, and guests can expect a more refined, yet approachable menu that pays homage to the history of the building and the land, using local producers and seasonal ingredients.
At Riverest, we believe strongly in a fair, safe and inclusive working environment. We encourage applications from people of all walks of life who share a passion for the type community we are aiming to create, and the standard of service we are aiming to deliver. Though it should go without saying, Riverest welcomes applications from BIPOC and LGBTQ2I+ persons.
We believe in transparency and teamwork. All members of the team contribute in an essential way to the success of the business. This is the guiding principle behind our salaries and the equitable distribution of tips. We strive to create an environment where employees have the opportunity to grow professionally.