Riverest is hiring full-time and part-time employees!
About the job
52 Wharf Street, L’Orignal, Ontario
As soon as possible
$16.54/hour + tips
Thursday through Sunday (days, evenings and weekends) and some holidays
50 guests inside; 40 guests outside
The line cook plays an integral role in translating our vision through our food, guided by the executive chef and sous chef. He or she will have the opportunity to hone their craft, while working with local products, in a professional and respectful environment. What’s more, the line cook is one of the “moving parts” facilitating a pleasant and seamless experience for fellow teammates, and for guests.
- Prepares workstations prior to service.
- Completes all assigned prep-work.
- Prepares food items for customers as requested, including special requests, in a timely and consistent manner.
- Determines food and supply needs based on rotating menus.
- Inspects food products and supplies as needed.
- Maintains a sanitized and neatly arranged station.
- Handles and stores all food and equipment in line with safety regulations.
- Plays an active role in controlling and minimizing food waste.
- Bilingual in English or French, a must
- Minimum of 1 year cooking experience in a fine dining environment, preferred
- Working knowledge of food preparation techniques, cooking methods, and safety and sanitation practices
- High school or GED equivalent required, formal culinary training or associate degree in culinary arts preferred
- Working knowledge of various computer software programs (MS Office, POS), an asset
- Ability to communicate clearly with managers, kitchen and dining room employees, and guests
- Ability to bend, stand, and stoop for long periods of time, and working long hours in hot conditions
- Ability to lift at least 50lbs
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Interest in working with local/seasonal food
CULTURE AND VISION OF RIVEREST
Riverest is located on the waterfront in the picturesque village of L’Orignal, Ontario, halfway between Montreal and Ottawa. Riverest is housed in a newly restored Regency-style home, originally built in 1833, overlooking the L’Orignal Marina. The restaurant features a main dining room, a private dining room, a patio and a bar/coffee shop. In addition, Riverest caters to the various needs of the marina by offering a takeout and drinks service. The atmosphere is warm and welcoming, and guests can expect a more refined, yet approachable menu that pays homage to the history of the building and the land, using local producers and seasonal ingredients.
At Riverest, we believe strongly in a fair, safe and inclusive working environment. We encourage applications from people of all walks of life who share a passion for the type community we are aiming to create, and the standard of service we are aiming to deliver. Though it should go without saying, Riverest welcomes applications from BIPOC and LGBTQ2I+ persons.
We believe in transparency and teamwork. All members of the team contribute in an essential way to the success of the business. This is the guiding principle behind our salaries and the equitable distribution of tips. We strive to create an environment where employees have the opportunity to grow professionally.