Riverest is hiring full-time and part-time employees!
Spend your summer by the water as part of an exciting new team working to create a community hub and culinary destination in L’Orignal!
About the job
52 Wharf Street, L’Orignal, Ontario (Located 1 hour from Ottawa and from Montreal)
As soon as possible
39 guests indoors; 40 guests outdoors
Flexible scheduling possible; availability to work weekends, holidays and evenings
*Subject to modification
Sunday 10AM to 9PM
Monday -closed- except holiday long-weekends
Thursday 10AM to 9PM
Friday 10AM to 9PM
Saturday 10AM to 9PM
$16.54/hour + tips
Line Cooks play an integral role in translating our vision through our food, guided by the Executive Chef and Sous Chef. The Line Cook will have the opportunity to hone their craft, while working with local products in a professional and respectful environment. What’s more, the Line Cook is one of the “moving parts” facilitating a pleasant and seamless experience for fellow team mates, and for guests.
- Prepare workstations prior to service;
- Complete all assigned prep-work;
- Prepare food items for customers as requested, including special requests, in a timely and consistent manner;
- Determine food and supply needs based on rotating menus;
- Inspect food products and supplies as needed;
- Maintain a sanitized and neatly arranged station;
- Handle and store all food and equipment in line with safety regulations;
- Play an active role in controlling and minimizing food waste.
- Bilingual in English or French a must
- Minimum 2-3 years cooking experience in a fine dining environment, preferred;
- Working knowledge of food preparation techniques, cooking methods, and safety and sanitation practices;
- High school or GED equivalent required, formal culinary training or associate degree in culinary arts preferred;
- Ability to communicate clearly with managers, kitchen and dining room employees, and guests;
- Ability to bend, stand, and stoop for long periods of time, and working long hours in hot conditions;
- Ability to lift at least 50lbs;
- Working knowledge of various computer software programs (MS Office, POS), an asset.
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Interest in working with local/seasonal food
Riverest Culture & Vision
Riverest is located on the waterfront in the quaint village of L’Orignal, Ontario. Halfway between Montreal and Ottawa. Riverest will operate in a recently restored Regency-style home, originally built in 1833 and overseeing L’Orignal’s marina.
Riverest will feature a main dining room, private dining room and bar/café that will also house a small retail space featuring local products. In addition, Riverest will cater to the busy Marina, offering take-out food and beverage service.
We envision a warm and inviting atmosphere where guests can expect a more refined, though accessible menu that pays homage to the history of the building and the land, through local producers and seasonal ingredients.
At Riverest, we believe strongly in a fair, safe and inclusive working environment. We encourage applications from people of all walks of life who share a passion for the type community we are aiming to create, and the standard of service we are aiming to deliver. Though it should go without saying, Riverest welcomes applications from BIPOC and LGBTQ2I+ persons.
We believe in transparency and teamwork. All members of the team contribute in an essential way to the success of the business. This is the guiding principle behind our salaries and the equitable distribution of tips. We strive to create an environment where employees have the opportunity to grow professionally.
A Note on COVID-19
- Staff and guest safety are our number one priority; Riverest intends to play an active role in mitigating the spread of COVID-19 by adhering to the highest standard of sanitation and contact tracing, in accordance with provincial guidelines.
- Wearing face-masks for staff is mandatory, until otherwise mandated by the health authorities; these will be provided by Riverest
- Teleworking is not a possibility for this position