Riverest is hiring full-time and part-time employees!
About the job
52 Wharf Street, L’Orignal, Ontario
Full time, permanent
As soon as possible
$16.00/hour + tips
Thursday through Sunday (days, evenings and weekends) and some holidays
50 guests inside; 40 guests outside
The floor manager plays an essential role in assessing and delivering on a guest’s expectations. They also act as the face of the restaurant, transforming our vision into a reality through their interaction with our guests. Riverest provide the opportunity to grow into collaborative leadership positions.
- Prepares for service (pre-service set-up).
- Greets and seats guests in English or French.
- Assesses needs (allergies, aversions) and relaying Riverest’s offerings (food & beverage) with accuracy.
- Delivers an attentive and anticipatory style of service (maintain guest environment by clearing, resetting, refilling, etc. as necessary).
- Communicates clearly with team-mates on the floor and in the kitchen.
- Delivers food and drink orders to guests.
- Processes payments through POS.
- Adheres to local liquor laws.
- Operates a glass washing machine.
- Does general maintenance of work environment, including cleaning/sanitation tasks.
- Performs other duties as assigned in accordance with Riverest’s objectives.
- Age 19+
- SmartServe certification
- Two years experience in a similar environment
- High school diploma, or basic numeracy and literacy
- Bilingual English/French mandatory
- Ability to work in a standing position for at least six hours
- Ability to wield a tray and carry three plates with confidence, an asset
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Interest in local/seasonal food, beer, wine and other beverage products
CULTURE AND VISION OF RIVEREST
Riverest is located on the waterfront in the picturesque village of L’Orignal, Ontario, halfway between Montreal and Ottawa. Riverest is housed in a newly restored Regency-style home, originally built in 1833, overlooking the L’Orignal Marina. The restaurant features a main dining room, a private dining room, a patio and a bar/coffee shop. In addition, Riverest caters to the various needs of the marina by offering a takeout and drinks service. The atmosphere is warm and welcoming, and guests can expect a more refined, yet approachable menu that pays homage to the history of the building and the land, using local producers and seasonal ingredients.
At Riverest, we believe strongly in a fair, safe and inclusive working environment. We encourage applications from people of all walks of life who share a passion for the type community we are aiming to create, and the standard of service we are aiming to deliver. Though it should go without saying, Riverest welcomes applications from BIPOC and LGBTQ2I+ persons.
We believe in transparency and teamwork. All members of the team contribute in an essential way to the success of the business. This is the guiding principle behind our salaries and the equitable distribution of tips. We strive to create an environment where employees have the opportunity to grow professionally.