ABOUT THE JOB
Location: 52 Wharf Street, L’Orignal, Ontario (Located 1 hour from Ottawa and from Montreal)
Start date: As soon as possible
Capacity: 39 guests indoors; 40 guests outdoors, 100 guests under the tent.
Shifts: Evening and weekend hours are required to support events and activities.
The event coordinator will play an essential role in the management, planning, creation, organization and execution of various events organized by and hosted at Riverest. She or he will act as the face of Riverest, transforming vision to a reality through their interactions with clients, staff, suppliers, agents, artists, guests and more.
Major responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Develop and maintain calendar of activities and events;
- Coordinate, plan and populate calendar, ensuring organizational initiatives and projects are successfully communicated to key employees, marketing team and other parties;
- Plan, edit, write content to support event communications in collaboration with our marketing team;
- Plan events, from start to finish, with the support and input of others, including all logistics, such as planning, working with the kitchen/bar staff to organize food and beverages, ordering supplies and other equipment, communicating event logistics, ensuring everything is on site and ready the day of the event, etc.;
- Negotiate contracts with vendors, agents or artists, and make necessary follow ups;
- Participate in and provide event oversight, including management of post-event pickups and clean-up activities;
- Create budgets for events and allocate funds accordingly;
- Maximize available resources;
- Review invoices, ensure accuracy and follow up on payments;
- Conduct brainstorming sessions, engaging key team members and other groups to gather new and innovative ideas;
- Conduct post-event surveys and analysis to report on participation and effectiveness of all programming and marketing techniques;
- Capture the events in images (photos, videos, etc.), share some insights on the day and prepare post-event communications for our multiple networks.
- Age 19+
- Relevant experience in a similar environment
- Any combination of education and experience will be considered
- A vehicle and a general driver’s license are necessary to meet the requirements of the position
- Possible travel in the region, mainly between Montreal and Ottawa
- Bilingual French/English mandatory
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with a high degree of professionalism
- Ability to establish and maintain good relationships
- Passionate about the restaurant and hospitality industry
- Creativity and sense of innovation towards service delivery
- Attention to detail and quality
- Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks with little supervision
- Proactivity and desire to learn and take responsibility
- Ability to quickly assess situations, and make decisions with judgment and independence to answer questions and keep files moving forward
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of social medias
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office and marketing tools
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Team player
RIVEREST CULTURE & VISION
Riverest is located on the waterfront in the quaint village of L’Orignal, Ontario — halfway between Montreal and Ottawa. Riverest operates in a recently restored Regency-style home, originally built in 1833 and overseeing L’Orignal’s marina.
Riverest features a main dining room, private dining room, a large terrace, a big top tent, and bar/café that also houses a small retail space featuring local products. In addition, Riverest caters to the busy Marina, offering take-out food and beverage service.
We offer a warm and inviting atmosphere where guests can expect a more refined, yet accessible menu. Our dishes pay homage to the history of the building and of the land by featuring local producers and seasonal ingredients.
At Riverest, we believe strongly in a fair, safe and inclusive working environment. We encourage applications from people of all walks of life who share a passion for the type of community we are aiming to create, and the standard of service we are aiming to deliver. Though it should go without saying, Riverest welcomes applications from BIPOC and LGBTQ2I+ persons.
We believe in transparency and teamwork. All members of the team contribute in an essential way to the success of the business. We strive to create an environment where employees have the opportunity to grow professionally.
A Note on COVID-19
- Staff and guest safety are our number one priority; Riverest intends to play an active role in mitigating the spread of COVID-19 by adhering to the highest standard of sanitation and contact tracing, in accordance with provincial guidelines.
- Wearing face-masks for staff is mandatory, until otherwise mandated by the health authorities; these will be provided by Riverest.
- Teleworking is not a possibility for this position.