Riverest is hiring full-time and part-time employees!
52 Wharf Street, L’Orignal, Ontario
As soon as possible
$15,50/hour + tips
Thursday through Sunday (days, evenings and weekends) and some holidays
50 guests indoors; 40 guests outdoors
The dishwasher plays an integral role in the smooth operation of the business, and greatly contributes to the guest experience from behind the scenes. The dishwasher is one of the “moving parts” facilitating a pleasant and seamless experience for fellow teammates, and for guests. What’s more, the dishwasher will have the opportunity to hone their craft, while also gaining experience in other facets of kitchen work should they have an interest.
- Sets-up and breaks-down dishwashing.
- Sorts, rinses, and washes dishes and tableware using the dishwashing machine.
- Sorts, rinses and washes cooking instruments, pots and pans by hand, or using the dish washing machine.
- Returns washed dishes, tableware, cooking utensils, etc. to designated areas.
- Regularly changes garbage, compost and recycling.
- Maintains/refills cleaning/sanitizing solutions.
- Sweeps/mops kitchen floors, ensuring they remain dry.
- Conducts general restaurant cleaning or other kitchen duties as directed, and in conjunction with other staff.
- Bilingual in English or French, a must
- Working knowledge of health and safety protocols in the kitchen
- Ability to communicate clearly with managers, kitchen and dining room employees, and guests
- Ability to bend, stand, and stoop for long periods of time, and working long hours in hot conditions
- Ability to lift at least 50lbs
- Ability to read and comprehend labels on chemical products
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Interest in working with local/seasonal food
CULTURE AND VISION OF RIVEREST
Riverest is located on the waterfront in the picturesque village of L’Orignal, Ontario, halfway between Montreal and Ottawa. Riverest is housed in a newly restored Regency-style home, originally built in 1833, overlooking the L’Orignal Marina. The restaurant features a main dining room, a private dining room, a patio and a bar/coffee shop. In addition, Riverest caters to the various needs of the marina by offering a takeout and drinks service. The atmosphere is warm and welcoming, and guests can expect a more refined, yet approachable menu that pays homage to the history of the building and the land, using local producers and seasonal ingredients.
At Riverest, we believe strongly in a fair, safe and inclusive working environment. We encourage applications from people of all walks of life who share a passion for the type community we are aiming to create, and the standard of service we are aiming to deliver. Though it should go without saying, Riverest welcomes applications from BIPOC and LGBTQ2I+ persons.
We believe in transparency and teamwork. All members of the team contribute in an essential way to the success of the business. This is the guiding principle behind our salaries and the equitable distribution of tips. We strive to create an environment where employees have the opportunity to grow professionally.