Riverest is hiring full-time and part-time employees!
Spend your summer by the water as part of an exciting new team working to create a community hub and culinary destination in L’Orignal!
About the job
52 Wharf Street, L’Orignal, Ontario (Located 1 hour from Ottawa and from Montreal)
As soon as possible
39 guests indoors; 40 guests outdoors
Flexible scheduling possible; availability to work weekends, holidays and evenings
*Subjet to modification
Sunday 10AM to 9PM
Monday -closed- except holiday long-weekends
Thursday 10AM to 9PM
Friday 10AM to 9PM
Saturday 10AM to 9PM
$14/hour + tips
Bartenders play an essential role in assessing and delivering on a guest’s expectations. They also act as the face of the restaurant, transforming our vision into a reality through their interaction with our guests. What’s more, the bartender is one of the “moving parts” facilitating a pleasant and seamless experience for fellow team mates, and for guests.
- Preparing for service (pre-service set-up);
- Greeting guests in English or French;
- Assessing needs (allergies, aversions) and relaying Riverest offerings (food & beverage) with accuracy;
- Deliver an attentive and anticipatory style of service (maintain guest environment by clearing, resetting, refilling, etc. as necessary);
- Communicate clearly with team-mates on the floor and in the kitchen;
- Prepare (and possibly deliver) cocktails according to specific recipes to ensure consistency;
- Prepare all other beverages and coffees;
- Participate in future cocktail development;
- Process payments through POS;
- Adhere to local liquor laws;
- Operate a glass washing machine;
- General maintenance of work environment, including cleaning/sanitation tasks;
- Performs other duties as assigned in accordance with Riverest objectives.
- Age 19+;
- SmartServe certification;
- Two years experience in a similar environment;
- Highschool diploma, or basic numeracy and literacy;
- Ability to work in a standing position for at least six hours;
- Ability to move/lift full kegs (20L & 30L kegs);
- Ability to wield a tray, an asset;
- Ability to use a jigger, mandatory;
- Bilingual English/French, Mandatory
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Interest in local/seasonal food, beer, wine and other beverage products;
Riverest Culture & Vision
Riverest is located on the waterfront in the quaint village of L’Orignal, Ontario. Halfway between Montreal and Ottawa. Riverest will operate in a recently restored Regency-style home, originally built in 1833 and overseeing L’Orignal’s marina.
Riverest will feature a main dining room, private dining room and bar/café that will also house a small retail space featuring local products. In addition, Riverest will cater to the busy Marina, offering take-out food and beverage service.
We envision a warm and inviting atmosphere where guests can expect a more refined, though accessible menu that pays homage to the history of the building and the land, through local producers and seasonal ingredients.
At Riverest, we believe strongly in a fair, safe and inclusive working environment. We encourage applications from people of all walks of life who share a passion for the type community we are aiming to create, and the standard of service we are aiming to deliver. Though it should go without saying, Riverest welcomes applications from BIPOC and LGBTQ2I+ persons.
We believe in transparency and teamwork. All members of the team contribute in an essential way to the success of the business. This is the guiding principle behind our salaries and the equitable distribution of tips. We strive to create an environment where employees have the opportunity to grow professionally.
A Note on COVID-19
- Staff and guest safety are our number one priority; Riverest intends to play an active role in mitigating the spread of COVID-19 by adhering to the highest standard of sanitation and contact tracing, in accordance with provincial guidelines.
- Wearing face-masks for staff is mandatory, until otherwise mandated by the health authorities; these will be provided by Riverest
- Teleworking is not a possibility for this position